Friday, February 16, 2007

These bites were made for shut up!


Ok, while we're on the topic of commercials I hate - man, that new Pizza Hut commercial with the garlic bites crust annoys the hell out of me. I don't think Jessica Simpson is blazing hot, but at the same time, I don't really hate her - in my opinion she's harmless. But, when she's singing this stupid "these bites were made for popping song" - man is it ever annoying. And it doesn't help that the original, these boots were made for walking song sucks too. Then there's that kid. Now I know he's meant to look kind of geeky, and kind of annoying - but man staring at his blank face - that is really annoying. It's weird though, this business of annoying entertainment. There's good, there's bad, and then there's so annoying you want to keep watching because you're annoyed. "Always be your lover" by Robyn, or whatever the hell the name of that song was - man, that was so annoying and so bad that I wanted to keep watching just to be annoyed. I hate that stupid Nelly Furtado song too, Maneater, but when it first came out, I wanted to listent to it over and over just to be annoyed. Whatever - I digress. This Pizza Hut commercial is really getting on my nerves.

Actually, while we're still on the topic of commercials - what are some commercials that I like that have come out in recent times? I absolutely love the David Blaine spoof Nutri-Grain Munch 'ems commercials. I think they're hilarious. Geico commercials are still pretty good (although not as good as they used to be). The Smirnoff commercials are generally pretty good. The one with "That girl's got rhythm" was borderline annoying - but after I thought about it, it was actually pretty cool.

I'd probably have to think about it really hard, but right now, if you were to ask me what are the two greatest commercials I've ever seen? The first one would be for the BMW M5 which you can view at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plxNfU-PA2c. The second is almost like a short film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyN9y0BEMqc

and be sure to watch the making of this commercial proving that it's all real:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vffRRt2hJ6E

Thanks for reading.

No comments: