Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I'd Like to thank...


So the Oscar Nominated "The Departed" came out today on DVD, HD-DVD/DVD Combo Disc, and Blu-ray. If anybody is a regular reader of this blog, you'll know I have a slight problem with Blu-ray discs - having to do with the price you pay vs. the special features included. Well, I'm happy to report that The Departed seems to have proven me wrong - if only once, but hopefully this will be an on going trend. And the thing is, I'm not sure if I should be thanking the studio or Futureshop, but here's the deal - I bought The Departed on Blu-ray today which features every special feature that the 2-Disc Special Edition DVD has, safe one documentary called Scorcese on Scorcese which apparently has nothing to do with The Departed itself, just the director. But what blew me away - is that the Blu-ray disc cost the exact same amount as the 2-Disc Special Edition DVD. So essentially, I"m getting the HD version of the film, with all the same special features for the same price! So well done whomever I should be thanking - let's try to keep those HD DVD and Blu-ray prices this low from now on. Btw, for all your hi-def needs, be sure to visit www.highdefdigest.com. Thanks for reading.

No comments: