Tuesday, June 26, 2007

If you're gonna ride Dan-o, ride in style


So it's finally coming. After years of anticipation one of the most exciting events in my ilfe is about to happen. And oddly enough - I'm not talking about the iPhone (as amazing as that device is). Rather, I'm talking about the release of Michael Bay's Transformers.

I didn't have a lot of crazy treasured childhood memories, but Transformers was definitely one of them. I was fortunate enough that for a long time, my parents would take me to K-mart almost everyday to buy a new transformer. How cool was is to have a toy that actually acted like it did in the cartoon! Transformers were seriously probably the greatest toy of all time.

The show was half decent too - but what really sold me on it and what has truly kept me excited about Transformers is the 1980's Animated Feature Film. That was absolutely unbelieveable! I won't give any spoilers away, but everyone knows what an original, breathtaking film that was (I'm not exaggerating).

When news came of the live-action movie, there was of course nervousness running around. As we loomed closer, robot designs, Michael Bay's direction, Optimus Prime's lips and more put the movie into question. But now that we're only days away, the movie is shaping up to be one sweet ride.

According to early reviews, the special effects are supposed to be utterly mind-blowing and set a new standard - ILM does it again!

All in all, I'm super excited about this movie, and you should be too. If you haven't watched a trailer or have no idea what I'm talking about, be sure to visit the official site.

July 3rd is fast approaching.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: