Friday, April 6, 2007

I remember it well


Wow, this is kinda old news for the hard-core fans, and I do consider myself a hard core fan, but I just forgot to read up and get my updates recently. But some really sad news has hit.

Damien Rice is one of my favourite artists of all time. "O" is one of the best albums of all time. And as great and amazing as he is, one of the best parts about listening to his music is listening to his vocal partner in crime, Lisa Hannigan. God her voice is amazing. That raspy compliment to his raw hatred of relationships was always great.

Unfortunately, it seems that their professional career has run its course. Damien Rice's official website (www.damienrice.com) had an official statement where Lisa Hannigan would no longer be singing with Damien Rice. And for Rice fans, this is a huge hit. I can't believe it. I guess it makes sense for her to pursue her own endeavours, but man, it's sad to see her go.

So as a tribute, to our beloved Lisa Hannigan, I'm gonna list my favourite moments in Damien Rice's music that she added:

Top 10 Lisa Hannigan Moments:

10. Her Harmony in the bridge of Volcano
9. Her harmony on the live version of The Professor & La Fille Danse
8. Her harmony in Face
7. Her harmony in Toffee
6. Her part in 9 Crimes
5. Her part in Unplayed Piano
4. Her part in I'll Remember
3. Her duet with Damien during the bridge of The Blower's Daughter
2. Her singing of "I'll get a cheaper ticket next time" in Woman Like a Man
1. Her amazing live performance in Delicate (you really have to see this, at the end of the song when she hits those high notes, holy wah!)

Thanks to www.eskimofriends.com for being the best update site for Damien Rice and thanks to you guys for reading.

No comments: