Sunday, April 29, 2007

1080p, the 'p' is for Planet Earth


Yes ladies and gentlemen, I must apologize for my absence from my blog, but I've enjoying my time back in my parent's home, just chillin' and enjoying some high defintion watching. And let me tell you, if there's one thing that high definition was designed for, it was for the incredible BBC documentary series currently airing on DiscoveryHD and recently released on HD-DVD and Blu-ray: Planet Earth.

This series completely lives up to the hype. Never before have I been so enthralled by nature and what it has to offer. Not only does this series present some of the most incredible high definition shots of the world we know - but it also dives into some of the most exotic never before seen places. Seriously - when you watch this series, you think to yourself, how have I lived this long on this world and never have known about these places.

More than that - the series actually presents some really good story structure. Each episode actually is told really solidly leading to some of the most climatic moments I ever seen in a documentary - much less one about the sweeping landscapes of boring old earth.

My only regret is that I didn't get to tsee the whole series. I bought the Blu-ray disc on tuesday and didn't have time to watch it all. In fact, I only got to 4 episodes. But let me tell you, unbelieveable! The episode "Caves" absolutely blew my mind. You really have to see this episode to believe and understand what I'm talking about.

Without a doubt, Planet Earth is one of the best things in screen entertainment to come around in a really long time. I can't remember the last time I dropped my jaw so much and just said to myself, I can't believe what I've missed. It's one of those amazements that completely opens your eyes to something so new when you think you've seen it all. Planet Earth - everybody out there - you can not miss this series. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I'll have to check it out.
:)