Sunday, May 27, 2007

Too Much of a Good Thing


Yes, there is. There truly is such a thing as too much of a good thing. I'm sitting here just having finished my dinner. I hadn't eaten since breakfast so I was starving, and I didn't really feel like cooking anything. So I decided to stop at Subway on the way home. I ordered a Chicken Teriyaki, 12 inch, Double stacked sub. Now for those of you who haven't stepped into a subway recently, you can now double-stack the meat on any sub you order.

The funny thing is - this is not the first time I've done this. The first time, I ordered a Subway melt 12-inch, double stacked. And at that time, I thought it was way too much meat. But I also thought that it was because it was cold-cuts that made it not so great. I thought for sure the double-stacking would be good with the chicken teriyaki.

Nope. It's just way too much meat. By the time you get down to the last quarter, or even last half of the sub, you kinda feel gross and you're just shoving meat into your mouth and not really enjoying any of it. And this is coming from a guy who is essentially a carnivore. I love my meat, but double-stacking a sub at Subway just isn't good.

I'm open to maybe double-stacking a six inch sub - 'cause that's basically a 12-inch with less bread, but as it stands now, I'm highly against the double-stacked 12-inch subway sub. Thanks for reading.

No comments: