Monday, July 9, 2007

--.--.--


Alright, so a while back when I officially migrated my blog from my various incarnations to blogspot, I brought along a lot of my older posts - one of which was the Top 10 Movie Trailers of all time. I had picked 9 of the 10 and made a lot of honourable mentions, but I hadn't decided on a number one trailer at the time.

Well, I'm sure at some point I'm going to change my mind, but I do believe I've found the greatest movie trailer that I've seen in a long time, if not ever. And for all you Transformers movie goers, you all know what I'm talking about. And best of all, it comes from one of my favourite producers in the industry, J.J. Abrams.

I'd tell you the title of the movie, but that's just the brilliance of the trailer - it revealed no title! All it had was a bunch of shaky, handheld handycam style footage mixed in with high-end special effects, bringing a scary sense of realism. Flash the name J.J. Abrams, and a release date, and that's all you got - but all you've got is again, probably the best trailer I've seen in ages.

The movie is under the codename Cloverfield and has rumours of being the next Godzilla, but who knows. What excites me further is that Matt Reeves is directing it - and the last time Reeves and Abrams were together (at least as far as I know), they were Executive Producing one of my favourite shows of all time (you can look it up:)).

Alright, check out the trailer here.

Btw, also saw Ratatouille on the weekend - great, great movie - Pixar really is unstoppable.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: