Friday, December 21, 2012

Asus RT-N66U, Asus EA-N66, and Airplay

Alright, long story short, here was my setup:

Asus RT-N66U as my main wireless Access Point. Asus EA-N66 acting in Repeater Mode. And NO Airplay was working. No matter what I connected my devices to - the main Access Point, or the Repeater, Airplay would not work. Airplay devices would not show up. Just basically at a loss.

After trying a bunch of things - I e-mailed ASUS - and as it seems with most routers - the issue was the firmware.

I upgraded the EA-N66 Repeater's firmware to the latest at this link:

http://support.asus.com.cn/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=11&s=1&m=EA-N66&os=30&ft=20&f_name=FW_EA_N66_1017d.zip#FW_EA_N66_1017d.zip

And all was fine! Everything was working again!

Hope this helps some peeps.

No comments: