Wednesday, July 11, 2007

So much is said with no words at all


Alright, so one of the things I pride myself on and make an effort to justify that pride is finding hidden gems. Whether it be movies, music, or tv shows, I love finding shows that not many people know about and spreading the word of its greatness. Today, we're talking about one of the most original and in my opinion, one of thebest cartoon TV shows of all time. Now granted, it shares that praise with many other shows as I am a huge cartoon watcher. But let's just say, this is one of the best shows that you might not yet know about. The sad thing is, if you don't know about it now, it's already over. It survived only a couple of seasons on Canada's cartoon network, Teletoon and only survives now in a rare Vol.1 DVD and as a torrent.

I'm talking about the cartoon, The Untalkative Bunny. It started out as a show that me and my sister would just flip on when there was nothing else to watch, but in the end, we discovered what a great show it was. It's basically about this Bunny who lives in a downtown metropolitan area, and basically lives life with funny results (k, that was a bad sentence - but trust, me it's a good show). It's also laced with awesome jazz music.

Part of its charm is actually its simple, almost lazy looking, style of animation. You have lines that cross other lines, you have off-model characters and more. But it's actually funnier because of that.

Most of the stories are great too - and what's amazing is that a lot of these stories are told with little or no dialogue.

Basically, it's a really soothing and funny cartoon to watch that you should get a hold of one way or another.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best. Show. Ever! Brenna Jansen and I were absolutely enthralled with Untalkative Bunny back in the day. So much so that we even wrote to the creators (from Ottawa by the way) and got hi-res jpgs to make witty T-shirts!
Cheers,
-Yaseen

Anonymous said...

I'm in Singapore, and discovered Untalkative Bunny through Disney channel. I saw the cartoon once and have never looked back. It's a real gem - wholesome, sweet, funny, cute, honest. I love it.